Click here to see the latest Year 11 Exam Countdown Calendar
Form Tutors will remind students of the daily arrangements but it is essential that students know where they are sitting before they leave registration.
At the end of registration students should make their way to the Atrium where they will wait in silence until they are given permission to enter the exam room. Bags, coats, valuables etc should be left securely in students’ lockers prior to form-time.
At the end of the examination students should collect their bags etc and go directly to their next lesson or break/lunch as appropriate.
All afternoon exams start at 1.00 pm.
Students will have an early lunch at the start of period 4, from 12.27 – 12.55pm.
At 12.55 pm students should make their way to the Atrium where they will wait in silence until they are given permission to enter the exam room. Bags, coats, valuables etc should be left securely in students’ lockers prior to 12.55pm.
At the end of the examination students should collect their bags etc and go directly to their next lesson.
It is very important that students take note of the following:
- Any coats and bags left outside an exam room e.g. in the PE corridor will be at students’ own risk.
- Students should bring their own equipment for each examination ~ 2 black pens (biros) and HB pencil. Some exams require specialist equipment. For maths and science exams students should also bring ruler, eraser, protractor, pair of compasses and a calculator for the calculator paper (maths calculator paper only).
- Pencil cases are only allowed in the exam rooms if they are transparent.
- Mobile phones and other electronic equipment such as ipods, MP3 players and smart watches are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.
- Only in very exceptional circumstanceswill students be allowed to go to the toilet. If permission is given, students will be escorted by an Invigilator.
Personalised Examination Timetables
- When examination entries have been made, a personalised examination timetable will be issued to students. This lists the exact examinations that your son or daughter will be taking.
- If you have misplaced this timetable, please see the Mrs Lindsay for a replacement.
Absence from Examinations
- If your son or daughter is unable to attend a GCSE examination due to illness, you must provide a medical note from your doctor which should be given to the Examinations Officer. A special consideration with the Examination Board can then be applied for.
- If your son or daughter fails to attend their examination without a valid reason, the college can request the cost of the examination be paid by a parent or carer.
Adverse Weather Conditions and College Closure
- All GCSE examinations will take place as per published timetable even if the college is closed to other students due to adverse weather.
- Students must assume that all GCSE examinations will go ahead unless informed otherwise via the college website and local radio station.